Create Your Own App Store

* MinistrySA > Topics

Subject: KOFFIE KROEG
Replies: 3 Views: 1155

pieter.hurter 25.04.14 - 08:02pm
OUBAAS SE KOFFIE KROEG LEEF VOORT! *

pieter.hurter 28.04.14 - 04:45pm
CAN ONE FALL?

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand (John 10:28-29)

Some of my religious neighbors say that this verse emphatically teaches that a child of God can never be lost. They say further, if a child of God can be lost then the Devil would have to be stronger than God and enter into his hand if he is to pluck one of God's children. Sounds good but I don't believe that is what the Lord is saying at this place in scripture.

I would agree that the Devil would have to be the greater to violate God's hand but he doesn't here discuss another possibility. That is, if one is so disposed, he can depart from his father's hand. God will not hold us in his hand against our own will. He does not take from us our freedom of choice when we become his child. And when we depart from him we are then back in the Devil's territory. This is taught plainly in other places. Look at 1 Timothy 4:1: Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils. One cannot depart from a place where he has never been. These had been in the faith, in God's hand, but they depart. Then look at Hebrews 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

There are 100's of other quotations that could be given but two should be enough for those who love the Word of God. If one or two is not enough then 100 or 200 more would make no difference. The doctrine of once saved, always saved, gives comfort to the rebellious. Bur if a child of God does drifts away or rebels, then returns in true repentance, God will receive him back as did the prodigal's father. We also have that promise in 2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. *

pieter.hurter 28.04.14 - 04:46pm
FILLED WITH THE SPIRIT

(John 3:34) For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

In the above verse John the baptist was the speaker. He was discussing himself and Jesus. In so doing he talks of one whom God hath sent. That could be either John or Jesus. But in this talk he lays down a principle that would pertain to many in time to come and it was, he giveth not the Spirit by measure. The words unto him have been added by the translators and are not found in most of the more modern translations. A person else has the Spirit in what he does or he does not have the Spirit. There are no half-measures, quarter measures, no part measures.

This phrase, filled with the Spirit carries the same idea. One is filled with the Spirit or he is devoid of the Spirit. Filled carries with it the concept of motivation. There are many illustrations in the Bible concerning what I mean but I'll only use two to demonstrate the concept of cause and effect. We read in Luke 4:29: ... they rose up, and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong. That was the effect. What caused it? ... they ... were filled with wrath (Luke 4:28). Another: Acts 5:3: But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan FILLED thine heart (the cause) (and the effect) to lie to the Holy Spirit, and to keep back part of the price of the land? You see what I mean? When we do something it is caused by being filled with something..

So, we, as Christians, are admonished to be filled with the Spirit (not half-filled) in what we do. (Ephesians 5.18-19): And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord. When our spirit is filled with the Spirit of God then what we do will be pleasing to Him. But remember, the Spirit works in us by the power of the word. Compare the above verse with Colossians 3:16: Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. *

pieter.hurter 25.07.14 - 05:38pm
The real nature of the Gospel has always been hidden in its name:
The Good News!
News are something you announce - not something you do!
M Marchio' *

* MinistrySA Forum

Search:
topics replies

* MinistrySA

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits